FaRInn - Facilitating Responsible Innovation in SEE countries is a project with 24 months duration within the
South East Europe transnational cooperation programme.
The main objective of FaRInn is to enhance framework conditions and pave the way for a responsible innovation model in South East Europe, which respects the principles of sustainability, social responsibility and better quality of life.
On the basis of research carried out and existing literature, adopted definition of Responsible Innovation in FaRinn project is a transparent, interactive process in which societal actors and innovators become mutually responsive to each other with a view on the (ethical) acceptability, sustainability and societal desirability of the innovation process and its marketable products.
FaRInn Brochure >>
Links on existing literature about responsible innovation:
New book "Responsible Innovation: From Concept to Practice"
Eurobarometer Report on Responsible Research and Innovation
Innovation and Cohesion Policy
Cohesion Policy aims to diminish the significant economic, social and territorial disparities that still exist between Europe's regions. FaRInn contributes to two levels of territorial cohesion: reducing disparities between the SEE area and other areas and reducing disparities within the SEE area.
FaRInn does this by promoting and building the necessary framework for a development model that covers competitiveness and integration, recognising that the two are not contradictory but complementary for territorial cohesion.
By promoting this model in some countries that are still at the beginning of designing innovation strategies, FaRInn helps them to skip quickly to higher levels of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. By working together on these concrete policy models and instruments, FaRInn partners put into action the desire that territorial cohesion should coordinate coherent policies and add value in comparison to the implementation of single programmes and initiatives.
Objectives of FaRInn project
FaRInn’s main objective is to enhance the framework conditions and pave the way for a responsible innovation model in South East Europe, which respects the principles of sustainability, social responsibility and better quality of life.
The specific objectives of the FaRInn project are to:
- promote exchange among regions in the SEE programme area on experiences, constraints and good practices related to responsible innovation;
- define and reach a joint understanding of the necessary framework conditions for responsible innovation;
- analyse and compare the current status, threats and opportunities in partner countries in terms of framework conditions for responsible innovation;
- strengthen the capacity of innovation actors to design and implement responsible innovation strategies;
- raise awareness of the benefits, potential and mechanisms of responsible innovation among identified key innovation actors and stakeholders, and among the wider public;
- design, apply and test elements of a responsible policy model for innovation in different areas of the SEE programme area;
- design local and transnational Action Plans, with relative recommendations, for the future of policies and initiatives for responsible innovation in each partner area and at overall territorial level;
- transfer lessons learned on responsible innovation to at least 3 regions in the programme area.
- Centre for Innovation and
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia: www.razvoj.si
- Timis County
Economic and Social
- University of Szeged:
- Chamber of Samos:
- North Aegean Region:
- Regional Development Agency for
Bjelasica, Komovi & Prokletije:
- Sarajevo Economic Region
- Resolvo Srl
Technical and managerial support